About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Coffee lover and frequenter of local cafes as often as possible. Favourite style Cappuccino but when in a hurry double Espresso is fine and when its hot there's nothing like an ice cold Frapaccino! If I haven't already mentioned it I like coffee, chatting, drinking coffee, chatting some more, painting and drinking more coffee.....sleeping....YES I DO SLEEP LOTS........too much sometimes and it is completely over rated! I have collected 1 husband, 2 kids and 2 cats. I have 1 part-time puppy who joins me on trips to my little cafe (she does not like coffee!)and I have been told that I can be very very funny sometimes - I put it down to all the caffeine!

22 Aug 2010

Meeting of Styles - Saturday 21st August


If like me, my husband and 12 year old son you made it down to MOS over the weekend you got to see some of the worlds finest street artists at work.  'Public Art' or 'Free Art' is an exhilarating experience to witness in its creation process.  It's more intoxicating than the fumes from the spray cans!  There was a spirit and creative vibe flowing through the bricks and mortar that was so uplifting and inspiring you could almost taste it.  Even the London Transport Police took time out of their 'beat' to view the walls of Highbury Studios in Hornsey Street coming to life.  The talent and skill was undeniable and it was fascinating to see the different styles emerging.

Sitting on a  bench made out of recycled materials so I could watch the artists at work I was approached by someone there who commented  "you don't look like the sort of person who would be into this kind of thing!"  I replied, "Never judge a book by it's cover." The same rule needs to be applied to the artists behind street art.  There is a still a view by some that street artists or graffiti artists are anti-social vandals when in fact these artists just want to share their work in the same way that an artist exhibiting in a gallery does.  We should be more appreciative of their talent and the fact that they are working for free to transform dull and dreary streets into bright and beautiful places to be admired.

If you missed out on seeing the work in action don't worry - just get yourself down to Highbury Studios in Hornsey Street and check out all the finished wall art. theendoftheline.net

I have to add that the Sacred coffee that hubby got me (cuppaccino of course) was delicious.....strong but not bitter....smooth and sweet. If you're a coffee lover like me, make sure you stop by the Sacred Cafe when your down there or you're missing out ! sacredcafe.co.uk/

Sacred Coffee exploding with MOS Street Art




























No comments:

Post a Comment

FUNKY PHOTOS

Have you got a photo of your favourite coffee or art find? Send it to me and I will post it in my gallery. creartive-design@sky.com

THE ART OF COFFEE

THE ART OF COFFEE