About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Coffee lover and frequenter of local cafes as often as possible. Favourite style Cappuccino but when in a hurry double Espresso is fine and when its hot there's nothing like an ice cold Frapaccino! If I haven't already mentioned it I like coffee, chatting, drinking coffee, chatting some more, painting and drinking more coffee.....sleeping....YES I DO SLEEP LOTS........too much sometimes and it is completely over rated! I have collected 1 husband, 2 kids and 2 cats. I have 1 part-time puppy who joins me on trips to my little cafe (she does not like coffee!)and I have been told that I can be very very funny sometimes - I put it down to all the caffeine!

29 Aug 2010

Caribrew


 I had resigned myself to the fact that Georgians wouldn't know a good cup of coffee if it jumped up and said "Y'all haf a good day na, ya hear" until that is I visited the North Georgia Premium Outlet mall,  that appeared like an oasis in a desert - a desert of confederate flag waving farmers! I admit that I approached my request for a cappuccino with more than a little trepidation, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that the coffee had a lovely little kick. It was smooth and sweet and  topped off with just the right amount of creamy foam.  My only two criticisms would be that it was initially served too hot and that stopped the flavours coming through until it had cooled down.  The bean should never be boiled - it kills the flavour!  The other bug-bear is that yet again it was served in a paper cup.  What is it with disposable food containers in nearly every restaurant we go to?  I guarantee it's not because they're recycling! So take note Georgia - we want to drink our beverages out of ceramic.  It is so much nicer! Anyway, if you're in the Dawsonville, North Georgia, USA area and fancy a bit of retail therapy, topped off with a good cup of coffee, then get yourself down to the Premium Outlet Mall........tell them that the Coffee Queen of Edgware, UK sent you! 


Life is short. Stay awake for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FUNKY PHOTOS

Have you got a photo of your favourite coffee or art find? Send it to me and I will post it in my gallery. creartive-design@sky.com

THE ART OF COFFEE

THE ART OF COFFEE