About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Coffee lover and frequenter of local cafes as often as possible. Favourite style Cappuccino but when in a hurry double Espresso is fine and when its hot there's nothing like an ice cold Frapaccino! If I haven't already mentioned it I like coffee, chatting, drinking coffee, chatting some more, painting and drinking more coffee.....sleeping....YES I DO SLEEP LOTS........too much sometimes and it is completely over rated! I have collected 1 husband, 2 kids and 2 cats. I have 1 part-time puppy who joins me on trips to my little cafe (she does not like coffee!)and I have been told that I can be very very funny sometimes - I put it down to all the caffeine!

16 Jul 2010

Sapori D'Italia Re-Launch Party with Gino D'Campo





Last night was probably the biggest night that Mill Hill has seen in years.  Sapori D'Italia Cafe with it's fabulous contemporary make-over celebrated it's re-launch with a 'street party' attended by family, friends, loyal customers, fellow shop owners and celebrity chef Gino D'Acampo, the UK's top Italian TV chef and 2009 winner of "I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here".


With the red carpet rolled out, and the crowd eagerly awaiting, Gino arrived fashionably late and in classic Italian celebrity style in his red Ferrari. Wearing the obligatory celeb shades and waving to the crowds he definitely brought a touch of 'va va voom' to the Broadway!  I have to say, in the flesh he is every bit as delicious as the recipes in his new book, but obviously being aware that my 'current husband' was right behind me, I decided subtlety was needed.  Unfortunately,  those of you that know me well, know that I don't really do subtlety and I soon found myself close up and personal posing for the photographers and demanding he kiss me (poor man)! I have to say he did seem a little less willing to oblige than Peter Andre - I guess he just isn't as used to 'peri-menopausal' women throwing themselves at him as Peter is? Anyway, after I was surgically removed from his side (a bit roughly I have to say) he cut the ribbon, declared the cafe re-launched and we all poured inside to enjoy the delicious food and drink. 


Now, you will see from the photos, that later on in the evening when he was signing a copy of his cook book for me, I made sure I took the opportunity to point out my paintings and tell him that should he wish to purchase one, to contact me through the cafe.  All of this to the amusement of the gentleman sitting with him, who thought I was quite the lady entrepreneur - at least I think that's what 'pazza donna inglese' means in Italian!


Ciao xx

























1 comment:

  1. Love it! Only you would have managed to try selling your art to him! Well done you, so sorry we couldn't be there with you. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

FUNKY PHOTOS

Have you got a photo of your favourite coffee or art find? Send it to me and I will post it in my gallery. creartive-design@sky.com

THE ART OF COFFEE

THE ART OF COFFEE