About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Coffee lover and frequenter of local cafes as often as possible. Favourite style Cappuccino but when in a hurry double Espresso is fine and when its hot there's nothing like an ice cold Frapaccino! If I haven't already mentioned it I like coffee, chatting, drinking coffee, chatting some more, painting and drinking more coffee.....sleeping....YES I DO SLEEP LOTS........too much sometimes and it is completely over rated! I have collected 1 husband, 2 kids and 2 cats. I have 1 part-time puppy who joins me on trips to my little cafe (she does not like coffee!)and I have been told that I can be very very funny sometimes - I put it down to all the caffeine!

7 Jul 2010

RISING SUN @ SUN DOWN

Long over due 'old school' girls night last night got off to a fantastic start when I attempted to find a space in the restaurant car park. As I drove in a rather dishy and very young man smiled and shook his head at my prospects of parking - he had nabbed the last space!  I over heard the older gentleman he was with ask who he was smiling at and he replied "That sweet lady in the car over there".  I think I can officially say that the cargo is loaded, passengers are on board and my ship has sailed............!  After driving back down Marsh Lane, parking in a side road, walking back up Marsh Lane, on the wrong side where there is no pavement, crossing in a half run half walk to avoid being hit by a rather large new BMW 4x4 (very flash area) I make it back to the restaurant to find the girls have arrived and are parking in the car park!  Timing, as they say is everything, and as my timing is obviously off tonight my thoughts turn instantly as to whether this is a sign of things to come.  Now those of you that know Mill Hill will know that The Rising Sun has been around for many many many years. It's frequented by locals, some famous, some not in fact Joe Kinnear was having a pint at the bar when we got there (I think he's stalking me because I was out with husband no.1 a couple of weeks ago at Ask in Whetstone and he was there that night as well - gonna have to keep an eye on that!).  It was even hit by a bus once! Anyway, what was once just a little ol' watering hole is now a family run Italian restaurant  serving delicious home cooked food......Italian + home cooked = the coffee had to be good! So the four of us settle down for a good old catch up - me with my M.E., Marinda with her double tooth abscess, Sindy with her torn neck ligament and Jo with her hot flushes.  It was a far cry from the old days when all we used to bring on a night out was our dancing shoes and a lip gloss. Fortunately, the food was wonderful (even though Marinda had to suck most of hers) and the service and atmosphere was spot on!  A real family affair!  The coffee was great too - no coffee art but I can  forgive that - it was naturally sweet, creamy and smooth and rounded off the meal perfectly. 


All in all a great night out..........who needs bright lights and loud music.........been there, done that, got the t-shirt.  Mind you not quite ready for the 'assisted living accommodation' yet and really need to do something about the 'sweet lady' reference - answers on a postcard please!



No comments:

Post a Comment

FUNKY PHOTOS

Have you got a photo of your favourite coffee or art find? Send it to me and I will post it in my gallery. creartive-design@sky.com

THE ART OF COFFEE

THE ART OF COFFEE