About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Coffee lover and frequenter of local cafes as often as possible. Favourite style Cappuccino but when in a hurry double Espresso is fine and when its hot there's nothing like an ice cold Frapaccino! If I haven't already mentioned it I like coffee, chatting, drinking coffee, chatting some more, painting and drinking more coffee.....sleeping....YES I DO SLEEP LOTS........too much sometimes and it is completely over rated! I have collected 1 husband, 2 kids and 2 cats. I have 1 part-time puppy who joins me on trips to my little cafe (she does not like coffee!)and I have been told that I can be very very funny sometimes - I put it down to all the caffeine!

30 Jun 2010

3 Cup Rule

I broke the 3 cup rule today - you're probably thinking I must have over done it, but I am ashamed to admit that I have only managed 1 cup and that was at 7.30 this morning! Obviously it was 'fresh coffee' (those of you who know me well know that 'I never do instant' - mmm think I might have that put on my grave stone!) but all the same it was only 1 cup and it is now 18.21 in the evening. I have no idea how this has happened and to all my caffeine followers I apologise.

My 'vector art' project is coming along nicely and I also squeezed in a visit to the temple of worship for all creative people - a little place called Hobbycraft. Now I am not a religious person but when I enter through those glistening doors I am sure I hear angels calling. I warn you though, enter at your peril, for I went in search of 'silver leaf' and returned home with a large bag full of lots of other things and an empty purse! I think the devil is working there in disguise!!

There was interesting developments in the art world yesterday! Those of you who pay taxes (hands up please) will be thrilled to hear that artists who receive thousands of pounds of tax payers money thought it would be fun to gate crash the summer party at Tate Britain and dump buckets of crude oil all over the place in protest of the Tate's sponsorship ties with BP. Apparantly this is called 'Conceptual Art'. My main problem with this is that they are protesting against a company that without their support these 'artists' wouldn't have the money to be able to express their political-art. Well fear not NW London but Love Coffee & Art will not be joining the Conceptual Art band wagon - there might be the odd coffee spillage but it will be contained and cleared quickly without harm to the environment or wildlife, or my postman! Check out my Youtube video link to a very funny sketch about BP and a coffee spill!




No comments:

Post a Comment

FUNKY PHOTOS

Have you got a photo of your favourite coffee or art find? Send it to me and I will post it in my gallery. creartive-design@sky.com

THE ART OF COFFEE

THE ART OF COFFEE