About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Coffee lover and frequenter of local cafes as often as possible. Favourite style Cappuccino but when in a hurry double Espresso is fine and when its hot there's nothing like an ice cold Frapaccino! If I haven't already mentioned it I like coffee, chatting, drinking coffee, chatting some more, painting and drinking more coffee.....sleeping....YES I DO SLEEP LOTS........too much sometimes and it is completely over rated! I have collected 1 husband, 2 kids and 2 cats. I have 1 part-time puppy who joins me on trips to my little cafe (she does not like coffee!)and I have been told that I can be very very funny sometimes - I put it down to all the caffeine!

30 Sept 2010

New Art Medium at the Frieze Art Fair October 14-17

I was picking through last nights Evening Standard Newspaper when I came across this bizarre article about psychic mediums attempting to 'channel the spirits of famous artists' at this years Frieze Art Fair in Regents Park.  It would appear the five psychics are going to attempt to contact artists such as Pollock, da Vinci, Van Gogh, Duchamp and Kahlo.  There has already been a trial session where contact was apparently made with Salvador Dali who was claimed to have demanded why he was being contacted and declared himself far too busy and important for such matters! To be fair to Dali he is in the middle of an important exhibition in Atlanta, Georgia. Curator Sarah McCrory said that the point of this exercise was to try and find out from these artists what the role of art was in the after-life! Well in Van Gogh's case I guess it's to try and see if he can sell any of his paintings before he is resurrected!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

FUNKY PHOTOS

Have you got a photo of your favourite coffee or art find? Send it to me and I will post it in my gallery. creartive-design@sky.com

THE ART OF COFFEE

THE ART OF COFFEE